Practice Pipeline Case Studies
The following case studies examine current trends in lawyer business development, technology, and coaching. They provide best practices for maximizing the effectiveness of technology rollouts at your firm, increasing lawyer engagement through coaching and accountability, and measuring/improving the ROI of your business development initiatives.
Practice Pipeline is simple and user-friendly, which contributes to its high adoption rate of 75%. In contrast, most firms with CRM only see a 5% adoption rate among their lawyers. Read the case studies to learn how Practice Pipeline can help you generate high BD engagement and ROI at your firm.
Erica Rodriguez-Roman shares her strategies for success in increasing lawyer engagement in business development, managing her technology stack, and achieving meaningful ROI.
Read the case study to learn how Cole Schotz generated $920,000 in revenue and 46X ROI.
Karie Trujillo, the Marketing and Client Relations Director at Markowitz Herbold, graciously agreed to do an interview with Mollie Smith, our Client Success Manager. Karie is one of the most innovative legal marketers in the industry - not only has she built a sales culture from the ground up, but she also engages directly in the client-facing sales process by generating leads for her lawyers. In this interview, we dug into how it’s done at her firm using Practice Pipeline.
In 2016, Winston & Strawn partnered with Practice Pipeline to deliver a long-term business development training initiative intended to develop a learning culture, raise the firm’s profile externally across five key industry verticals, measure and improve lawyer BD productivity, and increase origination activity.
Read the case study to learn how Winston achieved 90% adoption and 33,900% ROI.
According to Altman Weil's 'Law Firms in Transition 2017' survey, 71% of firms are investing more in BD, but only 30% achieve their desired improvement. This case study examines the reported ROI of law firm CRM compared with Practice Pipeline. You will learn:
- The reasons behind low adoption rates of CRM within law firms
- Pipeline management: a results-driven approach to business development
- How law firms have generated up to 11,500% ROI with pipeline management
- How targeted business development leads to better ROI
- How Practice Pipeline generates new business and ROI for law firms
Authored by Olivia Watson
Marketing departments are being challenged to come up with creative ways to shift lawyer mindsets, given the increasingly competitive legal landscape and the change-resistant culture that prevails at most firms. Goulston & Storrs rose to this challenge by incorporating Practice Pipeline into its business development efforts to form a robust training program. The initial pilot was a 2016 finalist in the LMA NE Your Honor Awards for Practice Development and Client-Based Programs. Katie Rutter, a Senior Advisor at Ackert, coached the lawyers during the pilot and conducted this case study on their results. Read the case study to learn:
- How Practice Pipeline helped Goulston & Storrs generate a 20% increase in opportunities for cross-selling meetings
- How the firm conducted a small pilot that generated significant ROI
- 5 best practices for rolling out a successful business development technology initiative at your firm
Authored by Katie Rutter
In the Fall of 2016, The Ackert Advisory conducted a second market-wide study on the utilization and ROI of CRM for law firms. The survey of 130 North American legal marketers examined the cultural challenges behind lawyer CRM use, measuring ROI, and the interplay between CRM and lawyer business development. This free white paper provides the latest market-wide data and best practices on:
- The utilization rates of various CRM platforms
- How to improve lawyer utilization rates and accountability
- How to measure and improve the ROI of a BD technology initiative
In the Spring of 2016 we conducted a market-wide study examining law firm business development challenges in a changing market. Respondents were asked to describe the state of BD at their firms, including:
- Their top BD challenges and how problematic they are
- The effectiveness of their BD training programs
- Their utilization of metrics in measuring BD success
- The extent to which they hold their lawyers accountable to their BD goals
This white paper includes a detailed analysis of the survey findings as well as a list of best practices for firms wishing to employ effective BD programs, mitigate problematic BD challenges, and maximize the success of their BD initiatives.
In the Spring of 2015 we conducted our first market-wide study that explored the utilization, user experience, and return on investment (ROI) of Client Relationship Management (CRM) software platforms. Over 3,000 law firms were asked to describe the state of CRM at their firms, including:
- Prevailing CRM utilization rates in the marketplace
- The extend to which firms can identify or measure ROI from their CRM
- Reasons behind low utilization by lawyers
The case study include a detailed analysis of the survey findings as well as a list of best practices for firms wishing to choose an effective platform, promote high utilization among lawyers, and maximize the ROI of their technology initiatives.